Monday 23 March 2015

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation



Im obsessed with foundation.  I don't need to wear it because I have relatively good skin, but I like having a flawless complexion.  I used to think this could be achieved though makeup, however, since working with makeup artists, I have realised the importance of natural looking, luminous skin, which comes from a combination or lifestyle, and a very good (illuminating) primer... meaning less foundation.

A couple of months ago, I decided to experiment with other brands, and considered replacing my foundation of 6 years (NARS Sheer Glow) with Dior Star, but after a few weeks of use, I returned to my beloved Sheer Glow because the colour wasn't quite right.  The appeal of Dior Star, was its weightless formula, and its ability to blend straight onto the skin, unlike Sheer Glow which needs layering.

A Potion for Perfection

Typically, when I stopped searching, NARS launches its new All day Luminous Weightless Foundation, which is incredible!  The All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation creates instantly polished, and perfect skin, using a single, weightless drop. Its uniquely fluid, oil-free formula defies the expectations of long-wear foundation, delivering full, natural-looking coverage.  The Even Tone Technology is designed to instantly neutralize redness and dullness, while working long-term to reduce the appearance of discoloration for more even, uniform skin.

I have started a new job, and my commute is super long, so a foundation which promises perfect, yet natural looking skin, which lasts for up to 16 hours is very appealing.  Running from home in East London, to work, way out in West London, and then then back to back meetings with makeup artists, and beauty brands can be stressful.  This new foundation has not failed to deliver, and even stays on after my gym sessions. I love it! 

The foundation itself is so lightweight and highly pigmented, so you only need a drop to get full coverage.  I apply mine with a foundation brush, and blend outwards. The consistency is quite watery, so it comes on amazingly well, and absorbs onto the skin quickly.  There is no need for layering like Sheer Glow, making skin look fresher, and more radiant.  The formula is oil free but the finish is luminous. It also comes in 20 shades, suiting all skin colours. I wear Barcelona, and although it seems slightly darker to Sheer Glow in the same colour, it is still a good match and makes me look like I have just come back from holiday.

Available from Selfridges and NARS 
£32.00

2 comments:

  1. This definetly sounds like a lovely foundation, i really want to try it!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah another Jas (z) it's great, and you don't have use too much! Let me know you get on!

      Delete