Wednesday 16 September 2015

Blowdry Bar DryBy London Opens...




Despite me wanting wild, sexy, and messy beach hair, sometimes a girl needs to look super glam, polished, and perfect.  The last time I attempted red carpet hair, I burnt my fringe (yes like the YouTube clip) so I vowed to never use a hair tool again.  Now, I leave it to the experts, just like the A listers who spend hundreds for a blow dry.  Fortunately for us mere mortals, we can spend a fraction of this price for a stylist to give us amazing hair.  

I have never felt the need for a blow dry as my hair is pretty low maintainance and always a bit of a mess (which is the look, btw) but I can definitely see the benefit of having your hair done before a meeting, after being rained on, a party, date, or even just as a treat.  Blow dry salons are pretty accessible and cheap, they're an instant beauty fix, and are now becoming as popular as nail salons.

The latest addition to the world of blow drys is Dry By London a contemporary blow dry and nail salon in central London, just behind Topshop.  It's more like a spa than a salon, and definitely a serene and calm haven from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Circus. DryBy London challenges the current service in London, its personalised approach, carefully crafted looks, and environment is definitely less wag, and more swag. 

The salon is minimal, cool, and has a really friendly and relaxed vibe. The vintage interior, exposed brickwork, fireplace, wooden floors, and muted colour scheme, gives it a modern East London vibe. When I went in for my blow dry, I actually felt like I was hanging out at my mates apartment, and got so friendly with my stylist, I lost track of time. The space is huge, like a living room, and each blow dry take place on a large table in the centre of the salon, so it's one big blow dry party!

Of course there's enough space for privacy, you know, for those 'people hating' days... and I can confirm that the basins are at the back of the salon, strategically placed to hide you from your boos, colleagues, and friends, who might walk past.

The blow dry bar

The nail salon


The blow dry bar Itself, offers a capsule collection of five edited classic hairstyles which have been carefully selected and inspired by the women of five iconic style capitals - London, New York, Tokyo, Rome, and Rio.  Nail possibilities on the other hand are endless.  They also work with pioneering beauty brands, who care deeply about their ingredients such as - Philip B, Original and Mineral, and Nailberry

I went for the Rio, only because I'm always 'The London' so wanted to look like I've stepped out of a salon.  I visited on a Saturday, all hot a bothered and was greeted on arrival by two stylists. After a soya latte (yes they offer soya, and almond milk) which is a win for me, I felt much better.  Wine is also available which is great. I had my hair washed and head massaged by the lovely Lisa who was really cool, sweet and friendly. Of course I told her about my weekend plans, but conversation didn't feel forced or contrived. We had fun going through the potential styles.  We also talked a lot about makeup.  Lisa asked me if she could use certain products and any tools before applying which is great because I was nervous about the tong. It was super fast, (but not too fast) and shortly after, I had amazing hair! 

I would definitely recommend DryBy, you can see my hair below, it looks great and lasted all day and all night. 

Prices start from £28

For more information visit DryBy London 


Here's the looks 



No comments:

Post a Comment